If you are looking for a light summery pasta, this is the dish for you! The men in my life would like to eat pasta every night, so I am always coming up with new fresh recipes to avoid boredom. I love to lighten pasta up in the summer by adding an equal amount of vegetables to the pasta. My kids always clean their plates, including eating their veggies, when I make my summer pasta salad because the dressing is so amazing! I have substituted different vegetables in this dish and it always turns out delicious! My favorites are green beans and asparagus because they keep their crunch and they are in season. It is great the next day as well! Send it along with your kids to school so they can enjoy and healthy, veggie-packed lunch!
Summer Pasta Salad
- 16oz gluten-free pasta
- green beans, chopped into bite-size pieces
- heirloom cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- basil for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tb Dijon mustard
- 1 tb honey
- 1 shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, cook according to the package’s direction. Add the green beans at the last 4 minutes of the pasta’s cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and green beans. Transfer to a large glass bowl. Pour the dressing over top of the pasta and green beans. Stir to combine.
- Top with tomatoes and basil.