Happy Fall! It is still in the 90s in the desert, but that won’t keep me from whipping up all things pumpkin! Did you know pumpkin is high in antioxidants, nutrients and fiber? It is great to bake with because it adds so much moisture to baked goods. I especially love pumpkin muffins. Most recipes I’ve found have a million ingredients and just as many calories. I knew I could do better. I’ve created a delicious, low calorie and easy pumpkin muffin recipe for us! If you have food allergies, this is you for! They can be made free of the top 8 allergens. My test batch was so good, I had to make another batch before I even had the kitchen cleaned because my family gobbled them up! Baby Maxwell is running circles around me coming in for bites as I type.
While you have an open can of muffin and chocolate chips, whip up a batch of my skinny pumpkin cookies. Your family will thank you! My doggies love when I bake with pumpkin, because they always get a little too! If you make them tag me on instagram so I can see! (veggiemomcooks)
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (brown sugar works too, but raw sugar is less processed)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup soymilk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- mini chocolate chips (I use enjoy life)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 6 muffin cups with liners
- Combine all the ingredients except the oat flour, combine.
- Add the oat flour, combine.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they are browned and done in the center.