I just adore apple season! What is better than a crisp red apple? I love to come up with healthy apple desserts for my family to enjoy. Several times we have taken the kids up north to go apple picking. We come home with pounds and pounds of apples. I have come up with a few really good recipes I need to share soon! My apple crumble is to die for!
Today I created an apple cinnamon muffin. Sweet baby Max loves my muffins! I’ve made him my blueberry muffins and pumpkins muffins and he loves both. He loves to sit on the counter with me and help! Every morning he goes to the fridge and pulls out an apple (or two) to nibble on and carry around for the morning-who needs toys?! I knew he would love these muffins and I was correct. We ate them all in one day! I plan to make more tomorrow. I’d love to know if you make them too! I’m doubling the batch tomorrow!
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (brown sugar works too, but raw sugar is less processed)
- 1 cinnamon applesauce pouch
- 1/2 cup soymilk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 apple peeled and chopped into bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 6 muffin cups with liners
- Combine all the ingredients except the oat flour, combine.
- Add the oat flour, combine.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they are browned and done in the center.