World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are hands-down the world’s best chocolate chip cookies. No, not the famous New York Times cookie or the Nestle recipe. These are my mom’s pudding cookies. She found the recipe on the back of a box of vanilla Jello pudding in the 70s. She has been making them ever since. These are the chocolate chip cookies I grew up with, so no other recipe will do when I want chocolate chip cookies! I have many friends that now make these on a regular basis too. The best part is, you can vary them so much. Swap out the chocolate chips for butterscotch chips, white chocolate, or add nuts! My neighbor even made them with chopped Andes mints and they were to die for!!
I made these for my husband to take into work. I know his office will be a busy place tomorrow morning! I might have to end up hiding these so they make it until tomorrow morning!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine flour with baking soda and salt
- Combine butter, the sugars, pudding mix and vanilla in a large bow. Beat until creamy.
- Beat in eggs
- Gradually add in flour mixture
- Stir in chips (batter will be stiff)
- Drop by rounded tsp onto cookie sheet (I like to use parchment paper or silpads)
- Bake for 8 min or until starting to brown just along the bottom.
*I have also made these with spelt flour and they turned out great. I am also going to experiment with gluten free flour mix. I’ll let you know how they turn out!