Hi, friends! I hope 2018 is off to a great start for you and your families! I know everyone is trying to kick their sugar habit they developed in December – myself included. I find the best way to get back on track is to find a few super healthy foods you love and look forward to eating every single day! Two years ago, I decided I was going to start having a smoothie every day without fail. Here I am, two years later, and I haven’t missed a day! Our bodies are designed to crave nutrients, and when we give our body what it wants and needs, it works and feels its best! I have many smoothie recipes that I love, and I mix it up quite often. I prefer to use a plant-based protein powder because I work out for an hour in the morning, and I need the extra nutrients and protein to support my recovery. I have tried dozens of plant-based protein powders, and Juice Plus is my hands-down favorite. It has an amazing nutritional profile, smooth texture, and delicious taste. You do need to purchase it through a company rep, but lucky for you, I am one! Now I am going to show you how to make the most delicious smoothie ever! You could serve this for dessert, and your family would thank you. Try serving it to your kids for breakfast and watch their eyes light up!
- 4 oz frozen strawberries – let thaw on counter for an hour
- 1 cup almond milk – unsweetened vanilla from Silk is my favorite
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder – Juice Plus is my favorite
- 1 frozen banana
- Blend the half-thawed strawberries in a high speed blender. You can add a tablespoon of water if needed, but I usually don’t. Set aside and clean your blender.
- Add almond milk, protein powder, and a frozen banana to your blender. I also like to add 4 ice cubes to make it extra thick! Blend until smooth.
- Begin layering your smoothie: strawberry puree, smoothie, strawberry puree.
I made this smoothie during a Facebook Live party and uploaded the video content. Watch if you want to see exactly how I make it!