I love remaking my favorite desserts into treats my family can eat everyday. After giving up gluten, dairy and eggs I haven’t found a great recipe for brownies. I mashed together a few different recipes and came up with something amazing! I base all my recipes on oat flour because it is the healthiest flour. Now that I’m nursing, I can justify an extra dessert made with oat flour because it boosts milk production! One of the recipes I based mine off of used dates as the sweetener, also great for milk production! Score! Ok lets get on to the recipe!
8 pitted medjool dates
2 tb chia seeds
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 cups oat flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tb ground flax
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use enjoy life brand)
1. In a large bowl combine the almond milk, chia seeds and dates. Stir. Let sit for 20 minutes.
2. Blend them all together in a blender and pour back into the large bowl.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to the large bowl and stir to combine. I use my hand mixer.
4. Pour into an 8×8 pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray or covered in parchment paper. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the center is fully cooked. You can check for doneness by inserting a fork into the middle of the brownies. If the fork comes out clean it is done!
Enjoy! Let me know if you try them too!