I LOVE pumpkin! It is high in antioxidants, nutrients and is high in fiber! It is great to bake with because it adds so much moisture to baked goods! This week I think I created the cleanest pumpkin muffin recipe ever! (clean meaning using whole foods, nothing processed) I made them so they are free from all the major allergens since I was sharing the batch with two of my girl friends, who both have different allergies. They were so good, I immediately made another batch before I even cleaned up my kitchen! Both batches were gone is 24 hours!
- 1¼ cups oat flout (grind of oats in blender)
- ½ cup raw sugar (use brown sugar if you don’t have raw)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tb ground cinnamon
- ½ cup soymilk (or any other milk you have)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, soy milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients and combine.
- Divide the muffins among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.