Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Peanut Flour
When the National Peanut Board sent me a box of peanut products to test out, I was excited to see peanut flour. I have read about peanut flour on food blogs, but I have never tried it myself. I went to my favorite cooking blog, Averiecooks.com to see what she has made with peanut flour. Her vegan gf peanut butter carmel chocolate chip cookies were the blue print for my cookies. I only changed them up a little bit.
Peanut flour is high protein, low fat, gluten free and low carb. I wish I could say these cookies are low carb I do suppose they are a lot lower in carbs than cookies made with regular flour! Yes, convince myself Peanut flour is also high in protein. I think I am doing a good job convincing myself that I need these cookies for my health!
Let me tell you these are amazing!!! They are chewy and soft! They hold together perfectly, which for a gluten free cookie is amazing!
|Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Peanut Flour||
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2tb milk (soy, almond, regular)
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt, baking soda, vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the butter, sugars, egg and milk in a bowl. Mix together.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract. Mix again.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottom.