No-Bake Chocolate Cookies (grown up cow piles!)
I love to give my favorite childhood treats a nutritional face lift! When I was little, I joined girl scouts for the…..cookies! Is that a surprise to anyone? One of my favorite things besides selling cookies, was baking cookies with my troop! I have fond memories of making chocolate no bake cookies, or cow piles as we called them. As a teenage, Katie Lee and I made them in my mom’s kitchen for sleepovers. These cookies have my three favorite ingredients: peanut butter, chocolate and oatmeal. I updated these babies by ditching the butter, replacing it with coconut oil. I also used almond milk instead of regular milk. Now these cookies are gluten free and vegan! I even ditched the microwave step. I just stirred everything together. They couldn’t have been easier to make! My husband declared them his new favorite (yes, I know his favorite changes weekly.) I have to agree, these have everything I could ever need in a cookie!
- 1½ cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup organic sugar (not raw sugar, you need the finer grains here)
- ¼ cup filtered coconut oil (no coconut smell or taste)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup organic peanut butter
- 3 tb cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until very well combined.
- I used my small and large cookie scoops to drop them onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. I left them as little balls because I think they are cute that way. Feel free to spread them out a bit if you want them to look like traditional cow piles.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to set up. I popped them in my deep freeze for 10 minutes because I couldn't wait 30 minutes ;)
*I made these again with regular coconut oil, and they taste like an almond joy!
*using my small cookie dough scoop, they have 105 calories a piece!