My friend’s mother-in-law made this salad at a party. One bite and I had to have the recipe. It is so easy and quick to make, I’ve been making it once a week ever since! I use a onion chopper to dice the vegetables into small pieces. That makes this recipe super quick to throw together. If you don’t have one, just pull out your cutting board and your sharpest knife.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 4 scallions
- optional: 1 bag of defrosted edamame
- ½ cup of Light Italian Dressing (I used Paul Newman’s)
- Place 1 cup of dry quinoa in a bowl of filtered water for an hour. This will soften the quinoa. When the hour is up, strain and rinse the quinoa. Place in a rice cooker or on the stove with 2 cups of water and cook according to directions.
- Chop all the vegetables into small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- When the quinoa is done, place in the large bowl with the chopped vegetables.
- Add edamame if desired.
- Pour dressing on top of the salad.
- Stir to combine.
- This salad will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.