My kids love chicken nuggets, whose don’t?! I like to make them from scratch using coconut or almond flour and organic chicken breasts. My version taste amazing and they are good for you too! I like to serve them for dinner along side sweet potato fries and a salad. These packed perfectly in our Planet Box for lunch the next day too!
I followed the recipe from Against All Grain for the sweet potato fries. I mixed together cucumbers and tomatoes with olive oil and red wine vinegar for a quick side salad.
Today I packed the chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries along with leftover cucumber tomato salad. I also added a sliced organic pear, my skinny blueberry muffins, a kids cliff bar and a home-made fruit roll up. I included my daughter’s daily dose of Juice Plus gummies for an extra nutritional boost!
- 1 cup of coconut flour (almond flour also works well!)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 lb thinly sliced organic chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- Mix the coconut flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, add the egg white and whip it with a fork until fluffy.
- Place the chicken slices in the egg whites and mix them together so all the chicken slices are coated with the egg.
- One at a time, dip the chicken slices into the coconut flour. Turn over to coat both sides.
- Now, you can either fry them in a little oil (coconut or olive) over the stove, or bake them on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. I do both, depending on how much time I have. I prefer them on the stove, but using the oven allows me not to have to babysit them.
For more lunch box ideas, follow along my lunch box series!Read More