When switching to a raw or vegan lifestyle, the #1 food people miss the most is bread. I don’t have a gluten free bread I prefer. None of them are very good. My dehydrated raw onion bread on the other hand, is amazing! My kids and husband steal bites out of the dehydrator before it is even finished! It is the perfect texture: chewier than a cracker, but lighter than bread. It is the perfect base for a raw veggie sandwich! I made it for thanksgiving with sage, and it was a hit!
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 large carrots
- ¾ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tb organic olive oil
- ¼ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2tb fresh herbs: rosemary and sage are my favorite
- Using the shredder attachment on your food processor, shred the onions and carrots.
- In a large bowl, combine the sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, olive oil, aminos and herbs.
- Transfer the onions and carrots to the large bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly mix the vegetables into the flaxseed mixture.
- Spread onto a lined dehydrator sheet. Flatter it out as much as possible without making holes in it.
- Dehydrate for 12-18 hours on 105 degrees. Flip over, and dehydrate for another 8 hours, or until the center is dry to the touch.
- Cut into squares. I like to use my kitchen scissors. Store in a glass container.