I have been making acai bowls for 2 years now. I am more obsessed with them than ever. I have gotten my recipe down to a science. It is so simple and it always turns out perfect! The secret is the liquid to frozen ratio. There is nothing worse than a soupy acai bowl! The majority of the time I top my acai bowl with just a sliced banana, sliced strawberries and chia seeds. If I am really hungry or I am having it for diner, I will add granola and almond butter. I like to make sure my bowls have at least 400 calories so they keep me full 3-4 hours. Let me know what your favorite acai bowl recipe and toppings are!
- 1 packet of frozen acai (I use Sambazon and prefer the sweetened variety)
- 2 frozen banans
- 3 TB water
- Run your frozen acai packet under running water for 30 seconds to let it thaw out just a bit. This will help it to blend much easier!
- Place 3 tb of water in the bottom of your blender. Break up your acai as you add it from the pouch. Add your 2 frozen bananas. I like to break them in half to help the blending process.
- Turn on the blender and blend until smooth. I have a vitamix so I like to use the tamper to really press the bananas into the blades. This cuts the blending time which is important because you want to be super quick to keep the mixture really cold and thick.
- Empty contents into a bowl and top as desired.